Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Dark Knight T-shirt Inspiration Makeup Pictorial

I posted this on my Facebook page, but in an effort to send some traffic to the blog, I decided to go ahead and post it on here. It will also give me a better platform to described what I did in detail. I hope you guys try this, it's really fun!!

Let's get started :)
This is the inspiration for the look (a t-shirt!!), as well as some shots of the final outcome

Step by Step:

1. Using a black shadow create a line in the crease, gradually building the color into a dark well shaped line (takes practice!) 
2. Using an angled brush and the same black shadow, wing out the corners giving a sharp point at the end, blend black well using a fluffy brush.
3. Dab red shadow onto inner corner of eyelid to the middle of your eyelid, being careful not to mix into the black.
4. Dab blue shadow onto outer corner of lid being careful not to mix the colors together.
5.Using an angled brush or eyeliner brush use the blue shadow and outline the black wing, as well as your lower lash line.
6. Apply a couple of coats of mascara (curl lashes if necessary)
7. Line your lips with a dark pink/red lip liner, then fill in lips
8. Apply a dark plum or deep wine colored lip color, and you are DONE!

Products used for this look:

For the eyes all Dark Heart Designs (store can be found by clicking here
Colors used are: In The Dark, Madness, & Vampire Heart
POP Beauty Mascara
Elf Lip Liner in "Bitter" 
Rimmel by Kate Lipstick #107


I have always been intimidated by black eye shadow because it is so unforgiving, but the more I work with it, the more I realize that the real key to wearing it is blending, and shaping  Because I am not a very good drawer, I have a hard time getting things to line up, but I am working on it every day, and each time I use black I get a little less intimidated. Practice makes perfect!! I hope you guys try this, it was really fun to do.

Also, a good look for Spiderman (or woman)

No comments:

Post a Comment