Saturday, April 20, 2013

Product Review: Rimmel by Kate Lipstick # 107

I happened to stumble upon these while browsing the Walmart cosmetics case, and I was immediately drawn to this color. It is absolutely stunning. I have been searching for a dark red wine color for some time. I feel that it flatters every skin tone, but for fair skin tones like mine, dark lipstick is amazing!! I have tiny lips, so when I wear bright lip sticks, it tends to blur with my skin tone and it looks washed out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THEM, but dark lip sticks seem to flatter my face better. Other than the color, this lipstick is extremely affordable, coming in under 5$. You can even find it at Ulta for $5 and some change, which is saying something. This lipstick is part of the matte collection, which makes it double awesome. Matte anything is in right now (foundation, lips, nails) so finding a good matte lipstick that is affordable is a really great thing :)


The pros:
  • Product goes on incredibly smoothly
  • Smells normal, and not like plastic or chemicals
  • Gorgeous color
  • Matte finish when it dries
  • Highly Pigmented so you are getting your monies worth
  • Affordable
  • Comes in a multitude of colors, and finishes
The cons:
  • As with any red, bleeding is a real possibility, this product stains your lips 
  • If you are not eating or drinking, this has long wear potential-otherwise, not so much
  • Throughout my day I reapplied 3-4 times
  • Once you smear it, you might as well just say you've been making out all day because that stuff gets everywhere

THE VERDICT: I would recommend this lipstick for specific looks, or as a nice lipstick to keep in your bag. As I said the color is absolutely divine, and looks better the longer it is on, so if you don't mind reapplying it throughout the day, it will work for you!

TIPS: Prime lips, and apply product with a lip brush for even application and precision. Also, line and fill in your lips to create a stencil for your lip brush- it will make it less likely you will slip up. If you happen to slip and get some on your chin or anywhere not on your lips, use a concealer, and concealer brush and trace the outline of your lips. Blend concealer well, and voila, all gone! You can also use this method to reshape your lips!



No comments:

Post a Comment