Wednesday, October 9, 2013

September IPSY review (with swatches/product photos)

Have I told y'all how much I LOVE IPSY?? Ugh, let me count the ways :) 10$ per month, 5 awesome (usually) beauty products for me to try from high end brands...yes please! I'm a broke college student and I can afford it so y'all should really check it out.

To see my thoughts on Ipsy please click here and scroll 3/4 of the way down to see what I think of ipsy in greater detail.

TO THE REVIEW!!!
September's ipsy swag



September's ipsy bag was 4 cute little kittens out of 5 (because there is always five products) Don't judge me, I like kittens.


I received two lip products, one eye shadow, a liquid liner pen, and mascara

J Cat Fantabulous Lipstick FL 107 Honeycrisp
Retails for $2.49 and the entire product line can be viewed here




When I first saw this lipstick I immediately said awww hell no, and I was right. It's supposed to be a nude, but when I wear this I look completely washed out because its close to my actual skin color. I am not sure who this color would flatter, and the reason why this month's bag did not get a 5/5 is because of this product. I do, however, LOVE the texture and SMELL of the lipstick. It's easy to apply and smells like candycorn dipped in marshmallows, which appeases me on a multitude of levels lol After browsing their website, I noticed that they are incredible affordable, and there are several colors worth checking out. I plan on placing an order as I type this so I can give the brand another chance. For the price, ease of application and smell alone.
See what I'm talking about? Where's my lips? lol

Nyx Single Eye shadow in Rock
Retails for $4.50 and can be purchased here

                                                                                
 I am really loving Nyx products right now (after spending a small fortune) at Ulta :) I am never disappointed with their products. This eye shadow is a basic black with subtle hints of glitter. It would be great to use for a smokey eye. The shadow is highly pigmented, and goes on velvety smooth with little fall out (which can be appreciated).
Swatch taken with one swipe of product

Jessie's Girl Waterproof Liquid Liner
Retails for $6.99 and can be purchased here

I cannot even tell you how much I love this liner. I have been looking for this quality of product for a very long time and I cannot believe that this liner is $6.99, it seems like they are basically giving it away. I have always had trouble with liquid liner, and I always thought it was me, but it's not, it was the type of liner I was using. The brush makes all the difference in the world, and this brush is firm, and thin which helps me make more even strokes. You can apply your line super thin or thick with ease which I love. I also love that you don't have to stop to dip for more product, all you do is shake it and then use it like a pen. It doesn't skip, and the product comes out with ease. It's GREAT! Go get some!


      Check out that tip ;)
Make it Thick like I did, or as thin as a millimeter!!!
  
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Mascara
Retails for $19.99 and can be purchased here

This mascara is pretty awesome. I am not a big mascara person (it's not what I horde), but I do like it and it does live up to the name. My pictures suck, but I did see where it lengthened my lashes and made them appear longer. This claims to be a volumizing mascara, but I think its just because it coats the lashes well, which makes you look like you have more lashes than normal. Elizabeth Mott is cruelty free, which I love, and as far as I can tell from their website, the company is in the beginning stages. They only sell two products; this and lash cards (which suck). I'm not sure if I will buy this product strictly because mascara is not something I invest in, but if it was on sale, I'd buy it in a heart beat.


                                                                 Close up of the brush wand

CAILYN Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple
Retails for $19.00 and can be purchased here

I love this so much!! I had never heard of the brand Cailyn before, but I am definitely a fan (ty ipsy!!). This lip balm is the business!!! The packaging includes the lip balm (duh), and a little lip brush for easy application. The handle part of the balm is the brush. It's so amazing, seriously. The staying power is phenomenal and rivals my best lipsticks, the pigmentation is fab, and the application is flawless. Whoever invented this is a genius, no joke! It's definitely on the high-end side for me at 19$, BUT I am a lipstick hoarder so I can see myself spending my money on these. Something else that should be said is that this will literally last me forever. You need very little, and can change the shade depending on how much you use! One swipe will leave ur lips looking flushed, and if you do two swipes you have yourself a perfect apple red mouth :) LOOOVEEEE IT SO SO SO SO MUCH!















One Swipe with the brush = a pretty pink












Two Swipes = Perfect Apple Red


That's all she wrote folks. September was a pretty great month (remember the kitties?!), and I will be enjoying these products for many months to come. After calculating everything I got 40$ worth of product for 10$- a pretty good deal if I do say so myself!!! Every month is different and has a new theme, and it gives me something to look forward too each month, which I think that we all deserve.

If you are interested in joining ipsy, you can put yourself on the waiting list (THAT'S HOW POPULAR IT IS!!) by CLICKING HERE


Do you have Ipsy? What did you think of September's bag?!? Let me know in the comments below

Check me out on Facebook here









No comments:

Post a Comment