Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Review: POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon & My thoughts on Ipsy

Today, I received my monthly Ipsy bag (which I love!!) and so far this is my favorite item from my Ipsy glam bag for July. A full breakdown of Ipsy, and how it works can be found at the end of this blog post :)

I am very particular about lip products, and it takes a lot to impress me. So far, I am very impressed by this cute little lip crayon. The product went on like butter, my lips feel very moisturized, it's not tacky, and the product has a slight mint taste and smell, which I like. The color I received in my Ipsy bag is called Coral Crush. When I first saw it, I immediately said HELL NO, strictly because orangey, coraly anything looks dreadful with my skin tone, so I reluctantly put it on. On my lips it transforms into a soft pink, and is absolutely gorgeous. I can see where this will be my go-to pink color for a while, and I feel that it's perfect for really any occasion. It's not too bright so can be worn for work, to the beach, to a movie, whatever.

If you would like to purchase this lipstick, currently it is only available as a set. I can tell you though the pricing is incredibly affordable. You get 6 different, gorgeous colors for $25.00 making them a little over 4.00$ each. Also for the month of July they are available for 20% off using code: POPluvsIPSY  All POP Beauty products can be found by clicking here

Enjoy!!

Lip Swatch of 'Coral Crush'







As you can see this color is more pink than coral (thank heavens for me lol)
Skin swatch of 'Coral Crush'

The packaging is so cute!

Full Face wearing only this lipstick  



*** If you don't know what Ipsy is, let me break it down for you. Ipsy is a company founded by YouTube beauty legend Michelle Phan. For 10$ per month you get 5-6 sample sized items from the top beauty brands. We're talking Urban Decay, Stila, Big Sexy Hair, Mirabella and more. You take a beauty quiz, and your bag is curated based on your preferences. It's an incredible value, and well worth the 10$ price tag, simply because all the items in the bag are worth at least 50-60$ if bought at a retail store. I love it because I get to try all kinds of products without committing to full price, and if I happen to love something (which I always do!), I am able to buy full size products for at least 20% off. It is my monthly treat to myself, and as a broke college student, I definitely appreciate its affordability.***

If you would like to give it a whirl, here's the link to sign up!!! :) Join Ipsy Here





No comments:

Post a Comment