Monday, October 14, 2013

There's a mermaid in all of us

Today I wanted NEEDED to be a Mermaid. Mermaids are mysterious, they don't have any bills as far as I can tell, and they don't have any reason to go to college, or at least its not proven that mermaids go to college. The point is I needed to escape today. I have had a really bad month; my husband and I are fighting everyday, I've had no time for fun because of college, and I am also on a diet. Whip all those issues in a blender and I am stressed to the max! Insert...Mermaid.
Now this is not a "real" mermaid, and I didn't really try to get all fancy with it. I just had fun (finally!!!).

I put some fishnet stockings over my head, and began to fill in my forehead with colors...

Its mermaid-esque ;)


Products used and application:

Forehead (scales) : I covered my forehead with fishnets by putting one stocking over your head, kind of like you would with a wig cap. With a shadow brush, I loaded Dark Heart Designs e/s in Grace (white) and covered my entire forehead. Over the Grace I used Betrayal from the Vice 2 Palette (its the purple color). Over that I patted on Pinkies Up by Dark Heart Designs. When I took it off it left just a slight effect. I'm sure if I would've pushed hard, it would've left a better indent, but I like the softness of it.

Eyes: I primed eyes really well with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and applied Sugarpill's Mochi to the lids. On top of Mochi I applied Dark Heart Designs e/s in Fairytale to the entire lid, and then applied Dark Heart Designs e/s in Rag Doll to the middle of the lid. For the lower lash line I applied a thick line of Dark Heart Designs e/s in Nymph. The purple brow color is the same color used on the forehead (Betrayal from the Vice 2 Palette). The eyeliner is by Jessies Girl. Mascara is Covergirl Lash Blast in Black.

Face:I applied moisturizer and then Kat Von D Lock It Foundation to the entire face. On top of my foundation I used Dark Heart Designs e/s in Bone Daddy as a setting powder to give my face a pearlescent glow. On top of that I sweeped a light application of Urban Decay Naked Illuminator to the apples of my cheeks, and applied Dark Heart Designs Summertime Sadness Blush.

Lips: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam

Photo Editor: PicMonkey/ Lomo Filter/ No photo retouching

Does it even look like a mermaid? hahaha oh well, it was fun!!!



Until next time :)


-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment