Thursday, October 24, 2013

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review & Swatches

I recently purchased four of NYX soft matte lip creams, and I've been wearing them non stop to get a good feel for them. I have recently become a lipstick whore, and It seems like everywhere I go I have to buy some sort of lip product lol I am obsessed with matte lipsticks so I figured I'd try NYX because they are so affordable. At 6$ each (right now they are BOGO 50% off at Ulta) it's an amazing opportunity and price point for everyone.

The colors I got are called Sydney, Addis Ababa, Amsterdam, and Monte Carlo


       



Sydney is a pale pinky-nude color, and I like it because it can be applied with a light hand and is a perfect pink nude, or if you layer it, it's a soft pastel pink. It's a pretty color, but I am not sure If I like it. It did crease a bit, but I am not sure if its the product or the fact that my lips are dry right now with the cold weather we are getting here in NC. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

"Sydney"

Addis Abba is a bright fuchsia tinted lipstick, and I absolutely love it. It's bright enough to satisfy my rainbow loving soul, but its also muted enough so that you can wear it everywhere; including work. It applies smooth, smells amazing, and isn't drying like most matte lipsticks. Definitely worth 6$!

"Addis Ababa"

Amsterdam is known to be a dupe for LimeCrimes famous red velvetine lipstick, and my opinion on it is that it comes close, but the coloring doesn't match. The smell, and feel of Amsterdam is really good, and for the price, you can buy almost 3 of these- compared to Red Velvet. I love the color, the feel, and the application of all of these products, but this one feels so velvety and smooth when you're done, it makes you feel like you aren't wearing any lipstick at all. It's not drying, stays put, and is a good (I say good because it's not my perfect shade) red. It's got more blue in it, than orange, so it flatters vampire toned skin like mine. I imagine it would look great on anyone though. Buy it again? Yes, I already have actually!

"Amsterdam"

Monte Carlo is my favorite out of all of the lippies because I love a good red. Blue toned reds look really nice with my skin tone (opposed to orange toned) and I love the richness of the color. It reminds me of cranberry sauce. Like all of these, the application is easy, smooth, and velvety, and it's very moisturizing (surprisingly). I would definitely buy this again!

"Monte Carlo"



All of these products can be purchased anywhere NYX is sold: Nyx.com , Ulta.com, Ulta stores, and even in Target!

I've made it my mission to stock up on my favorite colors, and to own the entire collection. They are great, and I hope you will check them out! On Nyx.com if you give them your email you will receive a 25% off coupon 'welcome25' which will save you some $ too. I also like that every order over 25$ ships free, which saves you even more ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment