Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Urban Decay Electric Palette

 
What up everyone! I am officially back from my amazing month long vacation to my home state (Florida). I got to hang out by the pool, and laugh with my best friend for the entire month so I am extremely blessed. I am back at it like a crack addict though, because you know no amount of vacation can curb the addiction that is makeup!

While I was in Florida, Urban Decay finally released the highly anticipated (by me) Electric Palette. I put it on hold for a week, and finally caved and ordered it after I started seeing all the amazing reviews from my favorite beauty gurus. I love bright colors, but I tend to play it safe with my everyday makeup routine. I am one of those people that keeps to herself and doesn't like to necessarily stand out. I mean yeah, stand out because I look fresh to death and my makeup is on point, not because I have neon hair and makeup looking like I just came from the circus (clownolas know what I'm talking about!!!). I envy personas like Queen of Blending, Shrinkle (owner of Sugarpill), and drag queens all over the world for being themselves and embracing their life of color and in yo face style. I, however, love to play with color, but am a closet color lover because I don't want people staring at me, or coming up to me asking me where I go this and that. I am an introvert to the core. That is why I was skeptical to even ordering this because I felt like when would I ever actually use this other than to screw around in my free time. But boy was I wrong. After actually using this palette (I used all of it in my look below) I now know that I was just being a scaredy cat. Yes, these colors can be in yo face bright hot damn neon sunshine overload but they can also be soft and add just the right amount of color to your everyday makeup. It's all about the amount applied, and the amount of blending. The brightest neons in all the land can be toned down, trust me!

When you open this palette it is like a choir of angels starts to sing because it is so pretty that it had to have originated from Heaven, right? Well, Urban Decay is pretty much Heaven so it works! They never disappoint with their palettes and this is just so fantastic I cannot even tell you enough.
Top Row L to R: Revolt, Gonzo, Slowburn, Savage, and Fringe
Bottom Row L to R: Chaos, Jilted, Urban, Freak, and Thrash

I swatches these colors first so I could get a good feel for them before I put them all on my eyelids. All of these colors are absolutely fantastic, and the pigmentation is insane, like always. There are a few that apply more powdery than others (Savage (the pink), and Chaos (the neon blue) were incredibly powdery swatched) But that is because they are mattes, and mattes are usually that way. The ones that have a bit of shimmer or are more of a satin are velvety like other shadows UD is known for.

Overall, I love this palette! I highly recommend you visit your local Ulta and get your fingers in it ASAP. I plan on doing a few looks over the next couple weeks showing how to make it work for everyday subdued looks. So stay tuned :)

 *All photos have not been edited, or re touched to show true color vibrancy*



No comments:

Post a Comment