Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Too Faced A La Mode Eye Palette Swatches & First Impressions


Here are the initial swatches and first impressions for the new Too Faced A La Mode eye palette. I want some time to do a comprehensive review, but you know I just had to whip it out and get a feel for it.

The packaging is super cute and the eye shadows are held in a cute little tin. The palette is roughly the size of my iphone, but the palette is a little wider. The palette itself is 9 eye shadows, and the little booklet that comes with the palette stresses: 3 steps, 3 looks, 3 minutes. I will definitely be timing it in my more in depth review.


First impressions after doing the swatches is that the colors are totally gorgeous. Their are mattes, pearls, and shimmers, so it is a perfect variety. I also love that there a neutrals and brights so you have plenty to work with. When swatching the colors I noticed that a few of the colors (the mattes) were a bit chalky, while the pearls and shimmers felt like velvet. It's a bit unfortunate that the darkest/brightest colors are the mattes because there is a bit of a skip in them.

First row L to R: St. Tropez, Cannes, and Soleil
Second row L to R: Riviera, Jardin, and Cote d' Azur
Third row L to R: La Croisette, Monaco,  and De La Mer

After the swatches I definitely noticed which colors stand out to me. All the neutrals are just amazing, and the mattes (pink/navy) are sub par swatched. I have no idea how they will apply to the eye, so I will update you guys when I do a more in depth review.

Until next time... <3

-Sam

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that's a shame..The pink and navy were the 2 colors that made me want the palette! I think Cannes is pretty, too. I *MIGHT* have to skip this one and just get the bronzer palette. :( It seems like the little 9 color palettes Too Faced puts out (like the Natural Eyes, Matte Eyes, Romantic Eyes, ETC) are really a hit and miss. i have the Romantic, Boudoir, Smokey, and Matte Eyes palettes..and the only one I really like is the Smokey Eyes..it's a real stand out palette. The other ones are meh, which is a real shame because the packaging and convenience of them is really great. Nice review and swatches!

    ReplyDelete