Friday, April 11, 2014

How To: Urban Decay Electric Palette

So you are on the fence about purchasing the new Urban Decay Electric palette? Or maybe you bought it but you aren't quite sure what else to do with it besides rainbows? Yeah, I feel ya! When I first got this palette, and if I am honest with myself, BEFORE I bought this palette I said to myself, ya know, I don't need this but the colors are gorgeous and It would be fun to play with. I say play with because I am not a big color person, I stick to my neutrals for the daylight, and I am a bit of a homebody so I don't get to actually go out into the night like a true vampire very often. Now that I have the palette and have spent time with it I can honestly say that it serves many purposes. Urban Decay recently released a photo showing you what you can do with this palette, but they have master MUA's under their belt. I am just the average consumer, so let me show you what you can do with it.

Now the above picture is quite funny, but it also sheds light on what people really feel this palette is all about. YES, the colors are absolutely insane, but they are also unexpectedly versatile.Color whores die for this palette because it gives Sugarpill a run for their money, in a good way. When you think of bold colors, there really is only one market for that right now and that is Sugarpill. In a world where Urban Decay is only known for their fabulous cult of Naked palettes it shows that something safe can also be wild. I'm sure they weren't really thinking of that when they released it, because UD has always been about the bold and brash, but the Electric palette packs a bit of a proverbial punch. Which is: you love your neutrals, you are safe with your neutrals, but it is good to stand out sometimes, its good to get out of your routine, to try something new, to be bold, to kick ass, to be confident, and to shine. That is sort of what I am getting from this palette, which probably sounds incredibly stupid, but that's just how I feel, so deal with it lol I wear neutrals everyday because not only is it easy and I have perfected it, but because its safe, I look professional, I feel good about myself, and it works with whatever outfit I have planned. However, it's important to keep in mind that this palette is more than its neon rainbow, and it is quite versatile.

You can use this palette to add some fun color to your hair. I have tried it using Savage, Jilted, and Chaos and it worked beautifully. I have now applied the colors to wet hair, then hair sprayed it on then blow dried and totally dry and each time the results were epic. I like that its completely safe, does not stain my clothes/hair/hands, and it washes out with my next shampooing. It's all the fun, with none of the expense nor commitment. 

As UD has expressed, you can also paint little works of art on your body, or use the colors to fill in tattoos that have lost their vibrancy. Literally anything involving painting, you can do with this palette.

You of course can use any of these colors and release your inner unicorn. Although a few of these colors are not recommended for the eye area, I have used them all on my eyelid/brow and have not had any problems. I've also made a lipstick out of chaos (the bright ass blue).

To neutralize the colors, apply with a soft hand and blend out well. Today, I applied a neutral bronze/brown/gold look to my eyelids and added dimension to the crease by blending out Jilted. It really added a small pop of color, but is only noticeable if you are up in my face (which no one is :( ). I also used Revolt (the super shimmery silver) for my inner corners and it highlights quite well without being like a disco ball. It is truly all about using a light hand and not packing on the colors (unless you want too). If you dip your brush in once you have enough color on there for your entire lid, so lightly dabbing just the end of a brush is enough to do both your eyes for a softer/neutral look. 

I encourage you all to branch out and to try new things. No, you do not have to buy this palette to branch out, but getting out of your comfort zone is good for you sometimes. This is advice I will definitely need to follow, because I tend to play it safe. 

Go forth and kick ass!!!

* Using the Urban Decay Electric Palette (Jilted, Revolt, and HAIR) and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette *



1 comment:

  1. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Follow our signals right now and gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete