Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pinch Me Anyway... St. Patrick's Day Makeup Looks

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I am a sucker for any sort of holiday, even those that I have no business celebrating. In America we over commercialize every holiday, and St. Patty's is under no exception. I'm not Irish at all, not even 1/8 Irish, but St. Patrick's Day is about religion and a priest, not leprechauns, green beer, and corned beef and cabbage.

Let me just drop some history on y'all right quick. St. Patrick wasn't even Irish, he was born in Britain, was later sold into slavery and brought to Ireland. He later became a priest after spending many years hiding away in a monastery. He is coined with establishing a religious system in Rome and starting the Christian Church in Ireland. He did not rid Ireland of snakes, nor did he hang with leprechauns, in fact the official color of St. Patrick's day is actually blue, not green. Literally everything associated with St. Patrick's Day started in America, and has absolutely nothing to do with the name-sake of the holiday or country of Ireland.

Hope I didn't bore you too much with that knowledge bomb but some things need to be said. Regardless, I love St. Patrick's Day in America because my favorite color is green, I love rainbows, leprechauns, green beer, and corned beef and cabbage. So any excuse to paint my eyeballs green, throw on some green and gold beads and get Irish wasted is pretty much right up my alley.

I kept my look simple because I will be out in public for the day, and I don't want people staring at me any more than usual. I did however think of drawing a pot of gold on one lid and doing some sort of rainbow mask type thing to connect my eyes, but in the end I said to myself : Keep it simple, yo!

SHOW ME THE MAKEUP YA BONY LASS





I primed my lids with Too Faced Candlelight eye-primer and patted on Nymph by Dark Heart Designs. In the crease I used Fairytale by Dark Heart Designs. To highlight my inner corner, I used Dark Heart Designs eye shadow in Jadis. I applied foundation (Benefit Hello Flawless), Bronzer (Too Faced Chocolate Soleil), and Dark Heart Designs Blush in Summertime Sadness.For the Brows I used Anastasia DipBrow in Blonde. I then curled my lashes, and used Kat Von D Mascara. My lips are Dark Heart Designs Sophia Lipstick with Urban Decay Honey Pot Gloss over top to boost the shine.








To boost your look, I recommend contouring your cheek bones, forehead (near hairline), jawline, and sides of your nose and highlighting your forehead, bridge of the nose, cupids bow, tops of your cheeks and chin. All I do to contour is use bronzer. For the highlight I use Girl Meets Pearl by Benefit and Anna Sui Mystic Rose.








To finish off the look, make sure you wear your favorite green ensemble, and accessorize with mardi gras beads. Voila, you're ready to drink green beer with the best of them.

As a bonus, my best friend Alexis let me do her makeup, which was nice because I need to practice on other people's faces. It is so hard to do other people's makeup by the way, unless their face is the same face as yours lol

I used all Dark Heart Designs products for hers as well. I need more practice, but it was so nice of her to let me draw on her for a while. Thanks boo!


Until next time, be safe, have fun, and taste the rainbow!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment