Monday, January 6, 2014

Tranquility

The holidays are over (for now), so I figured this would be the best time to focus on relaxation. I didn't relax much over my break (yeah, I know I am weird). Instead, I spent all my time entertaining children, and worrying about everything lol. I don't care who you are, Christmas is stressful. Then there's new years, and you have no idea where your going, what you're going to wear, or what your makeup is going to look like. My first makeup look of 2014 is all about tranquility, and what is more tranquil than a beach? Seriously, it's like 30 degrees here right now (which is warm for a lot of the world, I know, I shouldn't complain!), but I am friggin freezing.



To get the full details on how I created this look, keep reading!

FACE:
For the face I kept it easy peasy sense my skin is dry (stupid winter!), and I don't think being tranquil means piling on foundation. The foundation I used was Tarte's Airbrush Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation. I then used Tarte's blush in the shade honored to give my cheeks a little life.
EYES:
I primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and then applied Dark Heart Designs shadow Rag Doll to the lid, stopping halfway up. In the inner corner, blending out towards the Rag Doll shade, I applied  DHD e/s in Frost to highlight my eyes. In the crease I dabbed on DHD e/s in Ultraviolet, and blended it towards the center of the lid and upwards. I continued adding Ultraviolet and blending until I was happy with the gradation. After I had my shadow the way I like it, I took a smaller detail brush and applied Ultraviolet to the lower lash line. I then took a matte black shadow and carefully lined my upper lash line, staying as close to the lashes as possible. I then curled my lashes, and applied mascara liberally. I used Rimmell's glam eyes mascara in black for this look.

Are you relaxed yet?

I love doing makeup because it allows me to be creative, but also relaxes me. I put in my headphones, pick up a brush and begin to paint. I encourage you all to sort of de frag your brain in any way that you can. Take time for you!

Check out Dark Heart Designs!! Their products are insanely good!! http://darkheartdesigns.storenvy.com/

Thanks for sticking by me, I hope you like this look, and as always if there's anything you would like to see, I love a challenge, so let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment