Monday, January 13, 2014

Adventure Time Series: Princess Bubblegum

What time is it???? Well, if you guessed the theme, have kids, or are actually a fan you would know that the answer is always going to be ADVENTURE TIME!

I am a relatively new fan of AT. My young cousins who are 6 and 8 are obsessed with it, and while I was staying at their house over the holidays thats all we watched. After a while I found myself watching it without them, and then also found myself downloading seasons so I could fit in with all their references to certain episodes... for example...

I had no idea what they were talking about, but now I do, and quite frankly it's hilarious! So, now that I am on Season 5, and I kind of feel like I know the characters that make up AT, what better way to bring them to life than to do makeup looks inspired by my favorite characters.

Princess Bubblegum is one of my favorites on the show firstly because she is a princess and rules a place called Candy Kingdom, second because she is made of bubblegum, and third because she is a scientist and extremely smart. Being a princess, and also being comprised of bubblegum, makes it pretty easy to pick a color palette: ALL PINK ERRYTHANG!


Yay Princess Bubblegum!!! Now, this photo is obviously edited like crazy, sadly, I DO NOT live in the Candy Kingdom, have pink hair, or violet eyes (sigh), but it does represent the Princess pretty well if I do say so myself :) 

If you're asking how I did my makeup, look no further!





I first moisturized and primed the hell out of my face. PB's complexion is absolutely flawless (cartoons always have amazing skin) so to emulate that I need as much help as I can get. I used Kat Von D's lock it tattoo foundation for this look because its extremely heavy and full coverage. I then went over it with Tarte's Amazonian Clay Powder Foundation to set everything nicely. To highlight my face, and make it appear even more flawless I used Dark Heart Designs Seeing Stars under my eyes, on my forehead, my cupids bow, and my brow bone. I then contoured my nose using Em cosmetics by Michelle Phan's chiaroscuro contour/highlight stick. I did not apply bronzer because PB has a pinky complexion and is not tan in any way lol Next step was blush, and I used NYX rouge cream blush in glow and applied it liberally to the cheeks. Any pink blush will do!

For the eyes I started by priming them with Too faced shadow insurance. I then applied Dark Heart Designs e/s in Beautiful Nightmare to the lid. In the crease I used the pink color from the Limecrime D'Antoinette palette, and then blended it out with Sugarpill's dollipop. For the inner corner, I used Dark Heart Designs e/s in Bonedaddy to give the inner corners of my eyes some sparkle, and to highlight my eyes. The brows are a mixture of the Limecrime pink and Sugarpills Poison plum. The lower lash line is lined using Royal Amethyst Waterliner from Em Cosmetics. I then applied mascara, and called the eyes DONE!

Lips are Limecrime's Great Pink Planet

I want to make this a series, so any suggestions would be great! Who is your favorite character?

Until next time.. Cheeeeeckkkk Pleeeeaassseeeee


No comments:

Post a Comment