Thursday, April 18, 2013

Loreal Revitalift Miracle Blur: Is it a Miracle, or just another parlor trick?



I am constantly on the lookout for new products. Feeding my makeup addiction is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. I will try anything once, and if I cant afford something, I will find other ways (saving that for another post!). When I first heard about the new Miracle Blur, I was intrigued for sure. Anything with miracle in the title that involves skin care is going to get my attention!! According to the companies website, it is said to instantly erase the look of lines, wrinkles
AND pores, and is marketed as a skin smoother. The reviews on the Loreal website are just shy of 5 stars leaving me to believe this actually does what it says it does, but I just had to find out for myself. So before you rush off to your local drug store, read on, because I may save you 20 bucks!

I ordered the product on eBay (I'm addicted to eBay FYI!) for a steal at $12.99. The product retails for $24.99 on their website, and can be found at Walmart for $20.00. I opened it right away and was kind of shocked because on the back of the label, all I see is sunscreen. To be completely thorough, the purpose on the label states that it is a sunscreen? Um, what happened to the miracle? Like most BB creams, which are glorified sunscreens, I was immediately disappointed. I then noticed how tiny the tube is, which for the price, I was also disappointed, even when I paid half the retail price. I then decided it was time to play. On L'oreal's website they recommend applying this as you would a primer, so that is what I did. When you squeeze the tube, you may expect a liquid to come out, but I was shocked to see that it's a paste. A thick paste at that. I was still willing to try, after all it's supposed to be a miracle right?!? I applied it on my face after I used concealer, and I have to admit it does feel good gliding over your skin. After you apply it, your skin feels like velvet and is super soft, but it also feels heavy, mostly because of the fact you just spackled your face!! I then went on with my routine, applyed foundation, a setting powder, highlighter, blush, and bronzer (holy crap thats a lot of face action!) and began to take pictures. 

You can put drywall up with this stuff!!
I feel like I am about to ruin Christmas for a young child, when they find out there's no Santa Claus. Sorry everyone, but this is no miracle. In my opinion (after using it several times) the only thing that is a miracle is Loreal's marketing department, those people are wizards! 

For me personally, it did little but leave my skin feeling heavy. I recommend it for someone who uses a lot of foundation or prefers heavier coverage daily, but I am not one of those people. I hardly use foundation, and prefer BB creams so this product is not for me, and I would not recommend it to anyone. Sufficed to say, if you are curious and have an extra 20$ to spend, try it, but beware, THERE ARE NO BEAUTY MIRACLES. And now that I think of it, I am kind of offended by the entire product. Why do you want to blur my face Loreal, and why do you feel that I need a miracle? That doesn't do much for someones self esteem. 

Remember there is beauty in every person, and we are all beautiful in our own ways. Don't bow to what the magazines or cosmetic companies are telling you, because in the end, all they care is that you, the consumer, buy their product. 

FINAL THOUGHTS

  • Great product for people who want or need full coverage
  • Not so great for people who prefer a light feel
  • Makes your skin feel like velvet
  • Doesn't blur anything, still saw scars, forehead wrinkles and pores (oh my)
  • Expensive for the product amount, and would be different if it was guaranteed
  • Sends a message of nonacceptance which is not cool. When it didn't work, I was disappointed, which isn't good! We should love ourselves regardless of flaws

VERDICT:  WAIT FOR THE NEXT MIRACLE ; )


2 comments:

  1. It's really nice to see a review that is definitely honest ;) I was actually intrigued by this, so I'm glad to have read this before dropping the money on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, trust me I will always be honest lol I'm glad that you took something from it, and believe me there are better products out there!!!

    ReplyDelete