Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Naked 3 Review & Swatch Fest

I feel like I've arrived WAY late to this party, but yay Naked 3 is out! I purposefully didn't buy this item when it first came out because I wanted to see if anyone would get it for me for Christmas... and they did: that person is my best friend, Alexis (thanks, boo!). Everyone who knows me knows I live for Urban Decay products. Urban Decay is not only cruelty free, but all of their products are worth their price tag. They last, are made of the highest quality ingredients, are easy to use, and feel like butter. I own quite a bit of UD products, and I can honestly say that there isn't anything they've put out that I didn't absolutely love and have to buy.
There is a bit of a cult following with the Naked products. I have drank the kool-aid and can attest that yes, there is a cult, and yes you should be in it. The original Naked palette is my beauty go to, and I take it with me on every trip, and use colors from it for EVERY makeup look I do. Naked three focuses on rose toned neutrals, which for anyone who doesn't live under a rock, knows that it was a very smart decision because rose tones are trendy right now in fashion. Rose toned errythang!

I had the Naked 2, but I never used it because I fell so deeply in love with the Naked palette, and I never replaced it once I used it all up because it just didn't click with me. This one, I wanted not because I am overly thrilled with rose toned, but because UD is awesome and I am a hoarder.



At first glance the colors look gorgeous. It reminds me a lot of the Naked palette but just more pink (duh!). When you dip your tips into these shadows, the consistency doesn't disappoint either; they feel like velvet and glide on your skin like butter.

Shadows from Left to Right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside & Blackheart

The lighter colors were a bit of a disappointment to me. They swatched horribly, which is odd for UD shadows. Usually they are so deeply pigmented that you have to use soap to get them off of your skin. Keep in mind that this swatch is WITHOUT any primer or JEP. I have used all of these shadows, and although I LOVE the pinks/lighter colors, I still prefer my original Naked palette (I'll never leave u darling!) The darker, richer colors of this palette are amazing, and what you have grown to expect from Urban Decay. The last color, Blackheart is a deep black with flecks of rose toned glitter. It is absolutely gorgeous, and It is my new favorite black shimmer. At first glance, the second and third colors were my favorite, but they are a bit cakey and powdery. They have a lot of shimmer to them, so the fall out is terrible, but the color IS pretty.

Overall, I really like the palette, and I will use it, but I am unsure if it will be a "forever" palette like my beloved original Naked palette.

Naked 3 is available at Ulta, Urbandecay.com, beautylish, macys, sephora, and pretty much anywhere luxury brands are carried. Retail price is $52.00

What's your favorite Urban Decay product? Let me know!



2 comments:

  1. I wasn't all too thrilled with the Naked 3 palette (I am beginning to think I am the only one who thinks this way!) I just didn't think there was anything terribly great about it, and there wasn't any particular colors that WOWed me. I don't see myself reaching for it very often, if ever...which is a shame. The way you feel about your Naked palette is the same I feel for my Naked 2 palette!! Urban Decay rarely dissapoints! I would have to say their eyeshadows in general are my favorite products. I like buying their eye shadow singles because then I can just pick out the colors that really wow me..( which is like all of them!) and I'm also so in love with the Vice 2 palette! Urban Decay is just.....amazing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      I totally understand where you're coming from! Since Christmas I have used this palette twice and one of those times was to make this blog post! I think the shadows are a bit subpar for UD, considering the quality of the other Naked palettes and their other shadows in general. This is definitely the worst UD product I own, but it isn't terrible, just not my favorite thing. I just recently bought the naked 2 palette strictly because I wanted to give it another shot, but have yet to use it. I also agree that their eyeshadows are no joke. As stated in my blog they are so velvety and buttery and are easily blendable which is why I always find myself buying every new palette they put out. I also LOVE my Vice 2, it's amazing. I wasn't into makeup when the original came out, but it's something thats on my want list!

      Delete