Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day to Night Look :)

I have a tendency to wear dramatic, colorful makeup. This will be no exception, except I have toned it down for the day portion of this makeup look. It's summer which means it's the perfect time to wear bright colors, and incorporate them into your everyday look. I wouldn't wear this to work (unless you can), but I would definitely wear this to a summer event like a barbecue, picnic, or beach day.


This look is super simple, and the color can be swapped out for any color you prefer, I just happen to really love green!!

To achieve this look apply your favorite sunscreen infused moisturizer and top it off with your favorite BB cream. For the eyes simply apply the eye shadow to your lids in an almond shape, and sweep it on your lower lash line to really make your eyes pop. Apply generous coats of waterproof mascara (a summer essential) and finish it off with a gorgeous coral or pink shade ( I used the Pop Beauty Pouty Lip Crayon in Coral Crush which I reviewed in a previous blog post).

*Link to purchase this eye shadow will be at the end of this blog post*

NIGHT LOOK



Time to glam things up a bit!!! Start off by priming your face, and applying your favorite foundation. Next step is the eyes :) Take a matte black shadow (I used In The Dark by Dark Heart Designs) and using a windshield wiper motion apply from inner to outer crease. Using a blending brush, blend upwards to soften any harsh lines. Take a highlighting shade (I used Bone Daddy by Dark Heart Designs) and pat it on your brow bone. At this point if you need to add a little bit more of your original color (for me that was Nymph) to your lower lash line as well as your lids. Apply more mascara as needed. For the lips, sex it up a bit by applying a dark plum or deep wine shade. 

There you have it!! Two completely different looks using a handful of products. I would say the first look took me about 10 minutes max to apply, and the night look took about 15 just because it takes me at least five just to do my lips lol

I am thinking of doing a day to night pictorial or YouTube tutorial for this look because its fab.

All Dark Heart Products can be found by clicking here

Shadows used: Nymph, In The Dark, & Bone Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment