Friday, February 21, 2014

Rag Doll Cosmetics Matte Lipsticks (Swatches & Review)

On Valentine's Day I stumbled upon this company called Rag Doll Cosmetics. They were having a 60% off sale so I decided it was the perfect time to try them. I am a certified lipstick hoarder, so before I try eye shadows/face products from a new company my go to to test if a company is bout it bout it is lipsticks. The lipsticks that I bought are all Matte.

SHOW ME THE GOODS

First impressions of the product is that the colors look super gorgeous, and the packaging is really cute and streamlined. I liked the feeling of the applicator in my hands, it's not too slim or chunky and you can get a good grip on it. 

TO THE SWATCHES BATMAN!!!!!!



I bought three matte lippies: Sexilicious, Raspberry Beret, and Malicious.

The first color is sexilicious. At first glance it looks like a super bright hott pink, which I love. It kind of reminds me of MAC's Candy Yum Yum just by first glance. On the lips it skips a bit. It isn't that creamy so it's a bit tough for me to apply it using the applicator. I applied it with a lip brush and it went on a lot easier. When I rub my lips together there is no drag, but not much moisture, which is to be expected with a matte formula. On my lips it looks more magenta than bright in yo face pink, so I was a bit let down as far as seeing the actual product and then noticing the difference on my lips. There is a faint cosmetic smell in the packaging but on your lips there is no smell or taste, which is good. I can't stand the crayon like smell of some cosmetics.

PRODUCT: 8/10
APPLICATION: 6/10
PIGMENTATION: 9/10
WEAR: 8/10
TEXTURE:6/10

The second color is raspberry beret. At first glance, this is the color that tugged at my heart strings the most. I am a sucker for a good deep red lipstick, and this definitely delivers. This formula is matte as well, but it is creamier than the former. I really liked the pigmentation and the way the lipstick applies. There was hardly any feathering or movement and it lasted for a really long time without a touch up. The smell situation is present in this one as well, but like I said above it does not have a smell or taste once applied. This color out of all three looks the most true to life, and I am quite smitten with it.

PRODUCT: 10/10
APPLICATION: 9/10
PIGMENTATION: 10/10
WEAR: 8/10
TEXTURE:9/10

The third and final color I purchased is called malicious. I kind of bought it for the name alone (I am such a sucker!). I have been in the market for a really pretty purple lipstick for a really long time and decided to give it a go. In the package this lipstick reminds me of MAC's heroine but on my lips it reminds me of a shadow from Urban Decay called Betrayal (from Vice 2). It has a bit of a shift to it, bouncing from a bright purple to blue and a smidge of red. In my swatch it sort of captured the color shift. Out of all three I can see that this is a lippie that needs to be built. One coat is not going to be enough to get the proper color payoff, or to get a payoff that is true to its color. It applied more opaque that I expected, but I actually liked the way it felt and looked after I had built the color up a little. It's definitely not my favorite of the three, but I don't hate it. I did notice that after about an hour it started to fade, but these swatches were taken without any primer or lip liner.

PRODUCT: 6/10
APPLICATION: 6/10
PIGMENTATION: 6/10
WEAR: 6/10
TEXTURE:6/10

All of these lipsticks can be viewed by clicking here 

They retail for 12$ each, and in my opinion are priced perfectly. They aren't outrageously expensive, or incredibly cheap. I definitely recommend that you check them out. There are currently 14 lipsticks on their line, as well as a full range of face and eye products. 

Until next time - Stay beautiful!






No comments:

Post a Comment